Each year, the City of Inver Grove Heights conducts a crackseal project on several streets during the summer as part of the City’s Pavement Management Program. This is considered a regular street maintenance item.
This project will involve routing of the cracks in the street and/or along the curb, filling the routed cracks with a bituminous sealant material, and then covering the sealant with a protectant to allow traffic.
- Please observe flaggers, if preset, posted warning signs and no parking signs.
- The contractor has the option to post “No Parking” signs 24-hours in advance of any work and have any parked vehicle towed at the owner’s expense. Please abide by the signs if posted.
- Access to private properties during cracksealing will be maintained to the fullest extent possible.
- Please do not park on the streets from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the project timeline until the crackseal operation is completed and the street is swept in front of your property.
- The start date on any given street is dependent on several factors including weather, contractor schedule, and completion of prior streets.
- When a street is being cracksealed, it should only take a day to complete.
- If your residence is on a street with cracksealing, please ensure sprinklers in your lawn are turned off until one full day after cracksealing is placed.