Bryant Lane Area Improvements
A feasibility report was prepared and investigated possible street improvements, underground utility improvements, and storm water facility improvements. Based on feedback from residents, we have removed the Blackberry Trail costs from the assessments, which has lowered the proposed assessment for the project. See those details below.
Tentative Project Timeline*:
- Begin Construction: June 2021
- Substantial Completion: Sept 10, 2021
- Schedule Assessment Hearing: Sept. 7, 2021
- Virtual Information Meeting for Assessment Hearing: Sept. 28, 2021
- Assessment Hearing: Monday, Oct. 11, 2021
*Dates are subject to change based on construction timeline and weather permitting.
Previous Timeline Items
- Resident Questionnaires: October 2020
- Feasibility Report: Jan 2021
- Virtual Neighborhood Informational Meeting: Monday, Jan. 18
- Public Improvement Hearing: Feb. 22, 2021
This project will provide residential street and drainage improvements in the Bryant Lane neighborhood. The proposed reconstruction project will include improvements to the streets, storm sewer, and overall stormwater management in the project areas. The streets included in this report are:
- Blackberry Trail E from Upper 55th St E to Bryant Lane
- Bryant Lane from Blackberry Trail E to Brent Avenue
- Burke Trail from Bradburry Court to Brent Avenue
- Bradbury Court from cul-de-sac to Burke Trail
- Brent Avenue from Bryant Lane to 110’ south
The City intends to fund the proposed improvements through various methods including the City’s Pavement Management Program (PMP) Fund, special assessments and the City Utility funds. Street and storm sewer costs will be funded by special assessments and the PMP Fund.
Based on feedback from residents, we have removed the Blackberry Trail costs from the assessments, which has lowered the proposed assessment from $12,146 (presented at the virtual open house in January 2021) down to $9,491 per single family parcel.
|Proposed Assessments||*Pavement Management Funds||Utility Funds||TOTAL|
Sign up for the "Notify Me" subscriber list for this project to receive updates on project progress and scheduling: www.ighmn.gov/list.aspx.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the work being performed please feel free to contact Assistant City Engineer Steve Dodge 651-450-2541 or email@example.com or consultant project manager, Greg Anderson at 612-720-5883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.