Good Samaritan Pond Outlet
A feasibility report was prepared and is available to review. This report investigates trunk storm sewer and stormwater basin outlet improvements for Good Samaritan Pond Outlet. The proposed scope of work, estimated costs, financing, and schedule for the improvements are detailed in this report.
Tentative Project Timeline:
- Virtual Neighborhood Open House: Feb. 25, 2021
- City Council Receives Feasibility & Schedules Improvement Hearing: March 8, 2021
- Neighborhood Info Meeting #1 (Improvement Hearing): April 1, 2021
- Contact Civil Engineer, Jacob Moser at 651-450-2489 or email@example.com for an invite to this meeting.
- Public Improvement Hearing: April 12, 2021
- Approve Plans & Authorize Bidding: April 26, 2021
- Bid Opening: June 2, 2021
- City Council Accept Bids and Schedules Assessment Hearing: June 14, 2021
- Neighborhood Info Meeting #2 (Assessment Hearing): July 1, 2021
- Public Assessment Hearing & Project Awarded: July 12, 2021
- Construction Begins: August 13, 2021
- Substantial Completion: October 1, 2021
The proposed project is in the Highway 110/I-494 drainage basin area of the city. The existing pipe is failing, causing sinkhole formation near the pipe outlet adjacent to the main parking lot (Exhibit C). Public works maintenance staff has performed several emergency repairs to temporarily fill surface sinkholes due to the suspected subsurface washout caused by the failing pipe. City staff have inspected the existing pipe and determined that it needs to be replaced. In addition, the existing concrete weir structure and pipe inlet is prone to plugging, which can cause inundation of the lower parking lot.
Project Estimated Cost
Approx. $336,293 funded through the City’s Storm Utility Fund and assessments to property owners are proposed. Full project details are included in the feasibility report above.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the work being performed please feel free to contact Civil Engineer, Jacob Moser at 651-450-2489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.