- Your Government
- Your Utility Bill
Your Utility Bill
Learn More About Your Utility Bill
- Understanding Your Utility Bill
- Understanding Meter Readings
- Paying Your Bill - late fees resume in October, click here to learn more
Senior Discount on Water Rates
Seniors 65 years of age or older may be eligible for a discount on the base fee of your water service charge.
- Applicant must be 65 years of age or older at the time of application.
- Please note: There are no retroactive discounts.
- Applicant must have an active water service account with the City of Inver Grove Heights listed in their name for the address they are asking the discount to be applied to. (Discount does not apply to sewer, street lights, and storm water.)
Apply for a Senior Discount on your Water Rate
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, please provide the following to our Utility Billing Department:
- Complete and sign the Application for Reduced Water Rates for Seniors.
- This is a fillable form. It can be downloaded to your computer, filled in and then printed.
- You can also print the form with blank fields and complete the form by hand.
- Provide proof of age: A copy of the Applicant’s valid driver license or state issued identification card with current address must be attached with the application.
Return the completed Application for Reduced Water Rates for Seniors and supporting documents
- In-person at City Hall, 8150 Barbara Ave (Drop Box outside of the building or at the front counter during business hours, Mon-Fri: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Mail to: City of Inver Grove Heights, Attn: Utility Billing, 8150 Barbara Avenue, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
- Email Utility Billing – This is not an encrypted account.
The Applicant will not be notified if their application is approved. The discount will be reflected on all future utility bills on the breakdown portion of your bill, and will appear as WA-Senior. Please note: There are no retroactive discounts.
One discount per household/address. Applicants do not need to reapply once receiving the discount.