Night to Unite
Night to Unite is typically observed annually on the first Tuesday of August.
What Night to Unite Does
- Encourages neighbors to get outside, lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend the evening enjoying their neighborhood.
- Helps to celebrate and strengthen neighborhood and community partnerships.
- Brings our police officers and community members together under positive circumstances for a true sense of community.
- Builds neighborhood involvement and creates a more caring place to live.
- Brings awareness to crime prevention.
- Builds relationships between the community and our Police, Fire and Parks & Recreation Departments.
Streets and Neighborhood Safety
The city does not recommend closing off roadways, as this can become a public safety matter. The city will no longer be providing any type of barricades or traffic cones to block or restrict traffic on a city street for non-city functions. Please remember it is against state law to place items in the roadway.
We look forward to seeing Inver Grove Heights neighborhoods participating in Night to Unite this year!
For questions please contact Sgt. Adam Wiederhoeft by Email or call 651-450-2529.