Current Construction Projects
Current City Construction Projects
- Find detailed project info here: Pavement Rehabilitation Project Areas (2022)
- Akron Avenue & 50th St.
- Albano Trail & Albright Court
- Alison Way
- Tyne Lane
- Carleda Way & Cahill Drainage Improvements (2022)
- Seal Coat Project (2022)
- Seidls Lake & 4th St. S. Reconstruction Project (2021-22)- The project, in collaboration with South St. Paul and West St. Paul, will include construction of a storm water lift station at Seidls Lake and replacing utilities and pavement on 4th St. between 14th Ave. S. and 9th Ave. S.
- Regional Roadway System Visioning Study (multi-jurisdictional planning effort led by Dakota County and contributed to by the city of IGH)
*Project pages will provide general overview information for current construction projects, but will not be updated with construction activity impacting traffic and/or residents/businesses. To receive the most up to date construction activity, sign up for project email alerts through our Notify Me application.
Our Partners' Construction Projects
Visit Dakota County’s Current Road Construction Website to view all projects.
Current 2022 projects which coincide with City of Inver Grove Heights streets
- Lone Oak Road/70th St. W. (Co Rd 26) & Argenta Trl (Co Rd 63), Eagan & Inver Grove Heights – expansion and reconstruction of roadway (Fall 2021-June 2024)
- Dakota County 2022 Crack Sealing Projects
County Trail Updates that impact IGH
Concord Boulevard Trail (Co Rd 56) - The trail along the northwest side of Concord Blvd (Co Rd 56) from Courthouse Blvd Ct to Cooper Path will be resurfaced. Work will include removing the existing trail surface and paving new asphalt. Trail closure beginning mid-July through Oct. 2022. More info on Dakota County's project website.
70th Street Trail (Co Rd 26) - The trail along the south side of 70th St (Co Rd 26) from Athena Way to Cahill Ave. will be resurfaced. Work will include removing the existing trail surface and paving new asphalt. Trail closure beginning mid-July through Oct. 2022. More info on the Dakota County's project website.
MnDOT Current Construction Projects
Hwy 55 Inver Grove Heights, Eagan, Mendota, Mendota Heights and Minneapolis
The goal of this project is to improve the ride (smoothness), restore the pavement and redeck or repair bridges in the project area on Hwy 55 between Bloomington Rd. in Minneapolis to Hwy 52 in Inver Grove Heights. Begins spring 2022.
- Both directions of Hwy 55 are closed between Blue Gentian Rd/Lexington Ave. and Mendota Heights Road through late August.
- The ramp from Southbound Hwy 5 to Eastbound Hwy 5 and the ramp from Eastbound Hwy 62 to Northbound Hwy 5 are closed through mid-August.
- Eastbound Hwy 55 over Mendota Bridge reopened on Aug. 11.
- Westbound Hwy 55 driving lanes reopened between Hwy 13 and Hwy 5 on June 22.
For a project timeline, traffic impacts and more info, visit MnDOTs Highway 55 project website.
Hwy 3/Robert Street — St. Paul
Description: Repair Robert St. between 12th St. in downtown St. Paul, on the bridge over the Mississippi River to Annapolis St. in West St. Paul. Construction planned from 2020-2026.
More information: https://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/robertstreet/index.html
Hwy 55 Hastings to Inver Grove Heights Safety Audit
A new Road Safety Audit (RSA) has been completed on Hwy 55 between Hastings and Inver Grove Heights in Dakota County. The Hwy 55 RSA is part of a multi-agency effort to improve safety along Hwy 55 between General Sieben Dr. in Hastings and Hwy 52 in Inver Grove Heights.
For more information, visit the Hwy 55 Safety Audit website.