The Public Works maintains the infrastructure and public services for the community. This section provides information on evaluating construction and maintenance needs of the city and future projects that are being considered.
Future projects means that the projects are the desire of Public Works staff to improve. It does not mean that the future projects that are identified are in the CIP or have funding. It is important to provide high standards of the existing system while looking forward at growth and opportunity for future construction projects.
- Pavement Rehabilitation Project Areas (2022-2023)
- Regional Roadway System Visioning Study (multi-jurisdictional planning effort led by Dakota County and contributed to by the city of IGH)
- 117th Street Reconstruction (2024)
- Dawn Way Improvements (2023)
- Northwest Area (NWA) Sewer Improvements - Robert District
Our Partner's Future Construction Projects
Visit Dakota County’s Planned Road Construction Website to view all projects.
MnDOT Future Construction Projects
Visit MnDOT's Metro District Construction projects, plans and studies Website to view all projects.
Hwy 55 Hastings to Inver Grove Heights Safety Audit
A new Road Safety Audit (RSA) has been completed on Hwy 55 between Hastings and Inver Grove Heights in Dakota County. The Hwy 55 RSA is part of a multi-agency effort to improve safety along Hwy 55 between General Sieben Dr. in Hastings and Hwy 52 in Inver Grove Heights.
For more information, visit the Hwy 55 Safety Audit webpage.