- Your Government
- Voting Early (absentee)
Voting Early (absentee)
Early Voting for the 2022 General Election runs Friday, Sept. 23 through Monday, Nov. 7.
Voters may vote early (absentee). There are three ways to vote absentee:
1. By Mail: Request an absentee ballot either online or via paper application.
- Request Online: MNVOTES.ORG
- Request via paper application: paper application
Please note: Voters must return their absentee ballot to the Election Office at City Hall either via U.S. mail or dropped off in person no later than 3 p.m. on Election Day, or delivered by a package delivery service no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day. The 24-hour ballot drop box that was in place for the 2020 elections is no longer provided.
2. In Person: Request an absentee ballot in person at City Hall during regular business hours Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., September 23 through October 31.
3. Direct Ballot: Request an absentee ballot in person at City Hall and place it directly into a tabulator.
In-person early voting is offered at City Hall, 8150 Barbara Ave, Inver Grove Heights, starting seven days prior to Election Day, including Saturday, November 5 for the General Election.
HOURS for Early Voting In Person for the General Election at City Hall:
- Tue, Nov. 1: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Wed, Nov. 2: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Thu, Nov. 3: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Fri, Nov. 4: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Sat, Nov. 5: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.;
- Sunday, Nov. 6: CLOSED
- Mon, Nov. 7: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Curbside Voting For those unable to come inside City Hall for early voting, when you arrive in the City Hall parking lot, call the Election Office at 651-450-2463.
For questions about early voting or Election Day voting, contact the Election Office at Elections@ighmn.gov or 651-450-2463.