2022 Filing Period opens 8 a.m. May 17, 2022 and closes 5 p.m. May 31, 2022*
The following offices will be elected:
- Mayor (two-year term)
- Two Councilpersons (two-year terms)
Affidavits for Candidacy
If you would like to be added to the 2022 Ballot as a candidate for the IGH City Council, you must file an Affidavit of Candidacy (filing packet is below) with the City Clerk at IGH City Hall, 8150 Barbara Avenue, between 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 17 and 5 p.m. Tue, May 31, 2022.* The cost to file an Affidavit of Candidacy is $5.
The Candidate filing packet is available below or at the front desk at City Hall during business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.*).
If you wish to have the City Clerk review your completed Affidavit of Candidacy for accuracy/completeness, please make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 651-450-2513.
*Please note City Hall is closed on Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day.
To file for office, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be eligible to vote in Minnesota
- Have not filed for another office at the upcoming primary or general election
- Be 21 years of age or more upon assuming office
- Have maintained residence in their district for at least 30 days before the general election
The election dates for the open offices are:
- Primary Election: Tue, Aug. 9, 2022. A municipal primary election for the offices of mayor and two councilpersons is only required if more than twice the number of candidates file for the same office.
- General Election: Tue, Nov. 8, 2022
- Affidavit of Candidacy
- Address of Residence
- Affidavit of Withdrawal
- Auto Dialing Memo
- Candidate Information Form
- Campaign Cybersecurity Memo
- Campaign Financial Report
- Campaign Financial Report - Certification of Filing
- 2022 Minnesota Campaign Manual
- MnDOT Information on Signs in Right of Way
- MnDOT letter on advertising near highways
- IRS - Filing Requirements
- Candidate Registration and Statement of Organization - Principle Campaign Committee
- Accepted Absentee Mail Ballot Request list form -2020 elections
- Map Order Form
- Polling Place list request form
- Precinct Finder request form
- Registered Voter List request form