Inver Grove Heights has some great places for you to fish! Listed below are the following locations:
- City Hall Pond: 8050 Barbara Ave.
- This pond offers a lot of easy-to-fish shoreline and is stocked with bluegill,, black crappie, white sucker, walleye and small-mouth bass.
- Gun Club Lake (Lions Park): 2423 65th St. E.
- The lake has a pier and stocked with bluegill, black crappie and black bullhead.
- Simley Island Pond: 3110 80th St. E.
- This lake has a pier and fishable shoreline. Sunfish, black crappie, yellow perch, large and small mouth bass, northern pike, walleye and carp can be caught.
- McGroarty Pond: South of Upper 55th Street between Bacon Avenue and Hwy 52
- Shore fishing is limited but a few spots are accessible off the walking path on the east side of the lake. You can catch sunfish and crappies.
We care deeply about the safety of our IGH community members and visitors. We and our vendors follow several guidelines and regulations (ASTM, CSPC and ADA safety and accessibility standards) when building amenities in our parks, including our playgrounds. View the Playground Safety PowerPoint for more information.
Our goal is to make it possible for everyone, including persons with disabilities, to take advantage of the park system and its offerings.
We strive to make the parks available for everyone with accessible facilities and the availability of adaptive equipment. Please call 651-450-2585 to request special services.
Please report non-emergency issues and service requests (graffiti, vandalism, etc.) through YourGov.